Welcome to Jefferson County’s Fall 2020 Soccer Program. Our objective for youth sports is to help young athletes not only become better players but also better people. We recognize that not every athlete can be on the winning team, but every participant can be a winner in the Soccer Program.
• League games will be played on Sundays starting at 1 pm at HJ Carroll & Irondale Parks, beginning
Sunday, September 12th to end of October (game schedules coming soon)
• Every team will play one game on a Wednesday evening under the lights at Memorial Field.
Team T-shirts will be given out as soon as they come in. Shirts are ordered after teams are created, so occasionally there will be a delay in shirt availability for late registrations.
The Soccer program is designed with the family in mind. Please take an interest in your child by participating with him/her during practices and at home. Practice on skills that he/she learns from the coach. Be a role model in leading by example during games so that your children will learn to control their frustrations if things don’t go their way. Parents must stay calm and quiet on the sidelines. Yelling instructions is not allowed. Coaches and Rec Staff are required to control unruly parents, not the officials.
Thank you again for your participation. We look forward to serving you through the Fall Soccer program. If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to call me or stop in at the Rec. Center any time. Chris Macklin, Assistant Manager / voice: 360-385-2221 / email: firstname.lastname@example.org
COVID-19 Safety Rules-
Jefferson County Parks and Recreation Fall Soccer League
COVID-19 Safety Rules
May 27th, 2021
Sporting Activities COVID-19 Requirements Phase 3: (COVID updates will be posted on our website)
1. Phase 3; Moderate contact outdoor sports/Soccer athletes/officials allowed to remove facial coverings for competitions. Facial coverings must be worn by athletes when training/practice or when not actively competing in a game or match against another team or when on the bench waiting to play. Coaches, trainers, and must wear face coverings at all times.
2. All attendees must wash their hands or use hand sanitizer regularly; at least before they enter the event, after they use the restroom, immediately after the game, and when they leave the event.
3. Outdoor training, practices and competitions allowed outdoors for Moderate contact outdoor sports/Soccer.
4. For outdoor competitions; For facilities or complexes with more than one field or area of play a maximum of 150 people allowed per field or area of play, including spectators.
5. All spectators of different households are to remain physically distant, 6 feet or more, as much as possible.
6. Self-screening is required: any players or spectators, who are under quarantine, or have had any of the following COVID-19 symptoms in the previous 72 hours are not allowed to attend any Jefferson County Parks and Recreation Fall Soccer event: cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fever, chills, muscle pain, sore throat, or a new loss of taste or smell. Any individual who develops or displays any of these symptoms must remove themselves, or be removed by their parents or caregivers from the event immediately. Coaches and/or Rec Staff have the right to ask parents and caregivers to remove any individual they observe with these symptoms.
In the case the program is cancelled due to COIVD spike; full refund before the season; after the season starts, you will receive a credit on your account; minus T-shirt cost $10.
We Play in the rain.....In the event of thunder, lightning; In these situations, participants, spectators, coaches and referees should seek immediate shelter (e.g., building or automobile). ... If you see lightning, immediately suspend play and proceed to cars, and games are cancelled.